Rules for The Iceland award
- The award is available to all licensed radio amateurs and SWL´s.
- The Award is issued for contacting or hearing Icelandic amateur radio stations within one calendar year, i.e. from 00.00 hours on January 1st to 23.59 hours on December 31st, and can therefor be applied for every year provided that the necessary contacts are made.
- There are no band or mode limitations.
Contacts do not have to be confirmed but a list showing all QSO details like stations worked, day, month, year, time, band, mode and report must be submitted.
First award issued to a DXCC entity each year will be endorsed as such and single band/mode achievement will be endorsed upon request.
The starting year for the award was 1995.
Applications much have reached the Award Manager before the end of the year after the application year, that is, for example,applications for 2013 must have reached the Award manager before the end of the year 2014.
Fee for "THE ICELAND AWARD" is 8 IRCs, 5.00 US dollars or 5.00 Euro.
- Amateurs outside Iceland: Contact at least two Icelandic amateur radio stations.
- Icelandic amateurs: Contact at least four Icelandic Amateur radio stations.
- Please note: Contacts with stations which are /TF or TF/are not valid for this Award.
- All enquires about Í.R.A. awards and applications should be sent to:
- Í.R.A. Awards Manager
- Brynjólfur Jónsson, TF5B
- Engimýri 8
- IS-600 Akureyri