Rules for the IRA Zone 40 Award
- The award is available to all licensed Amateurs and SWLs.
- There is no time limit on QSOs.
- There are no band limitations, but all QSOs must be in the same mode to achieve the award, i.e. 2XCW or 2XSSB or 2XRTTY etc. Single band achievement can also be endorsed upon request.
A GCR list, verified by two licensed radio amateurs or local club officials must by submitted. The list must show: Stations worked, date, year, time, band, report and mode. IRA-Awards manager reserves the right to ask for submittance of QSLs.
First award issued to a DXCC-entity will be endorsed as such.
Fee for the IRA Zone-40 Award is 5.00 or 5.00€.
- Confirmed contacts with each of the following DXCC entities located in CQ-Zone 40: Iceland (TF), Greenland (OX), Jan Mayen (JX), Svalbard (JW) and Franz Josef Land (R1FJ).
- DX-stations: One confirmed contact with each entity (A total of five QSOs).
- EU-stations: Same as DX, except QSOs are stipulated with three different TF-stations (A total of seven QSOs).
- TF-stations: Same as for DX, except QSOs are stipulated with five different TF-stations (A total of nine QSOs).
- Please note: Contacts with stations /TF, /OX or TF/, OX/ etc. are not valid for this award.
- All enquires about Í.R.A. awards and applications should be sent to:
- Í.R.A. Awards Manager
- Brynjólfur Jónsson, TF5B
- Engimýri 8
- IS-600 Akureyri